Our Catering Facilities
Humber Education Trust are delighted to outsource our catering contract to North Yorkshire Education Services.
NYES catering service has been operational for over 40 years and operates in more than 240 education sites in and around Yorkshire. They are knowledgeable, continuously evolving and changing in-line with the up-to-date trends and requirements – whilst always committing to great quality and nutritionally balanced food.
Their brilliant three-weekly menu focus’ on a hot meal or grab and go option, dependent on the school and age, and is served with a selection of healthy side dishes, bread and a well-stocked salad bar where requested. Click here to view our school menu.
Further details about our school meal offer, the local and fresh produce used and details of our promotional days can all be found on our Trust site: Our Catering Facilities | Humber Education Trust
Free School Meals
How do you claim FREE school meals?
Many of our families could get Free School Meals but do not claim for them.
Parents are now able to apply for free school meals online at Hull City Council’s My School Portal (https://emsonline.hullcc.gov.uk/CitizenPortal_LIVE/en)
Applications can be made from any device with online access and will provide you with an immediate provisional decision based on information held with the Department of Works and Pensions.
Applications are fast-tracked when made through this site.
PLEASE APPLY if you are eligible, unsure whether you’re eligible, or if your child is currently in Reception – Y2.
If you apply and are eligible, our schools will receive funding which we can then spend on our children. Our school subsidises the cost of all meals to maintain the £1.50 charge to parents for KS2 children and to maintain no charge to Reception & KS1 children.
If you are unable to apply online, please click the link below to download the application form which can be filled in and taken to your child’s school for processing.
Who is eligible?
You can apply for free school meals if your child attends a Hull school or sixth form on a full-time basis and you are in receipt of one of the following benefits –
· Income Support
· Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
· Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
· Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
If you qualify for free school meals not only will your child receive free meals, but our school will receive additional funding too.
Please apply even if your child currently gets Universal Infant Free School Meals (Foundation Stage, Y1 & Y2) as the school will still receive additional funding.
School Meal Charges
Unless a pupil/student is entitled to free school meals, they will be charged for their meal, as follows:
- Pupils in Reception to Year 2 (Key Stage 1) qualify for Universal Free School Meals and are not charged for their meals.
- £1.50 for pupils in Year 3 to Year 6 (Key Stage 2)
- £2.00 for pupils in Year 7 to Year 14 (Key Stage 3 to 5)